Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Scholarship Wait Lingers...

It's December 12th and my IE enrollment contract* has not been submitted yet, as I've been waiting on scholarship reward information before I apply for my financial aid need for the remainder of tuition costs. Typically the admissions office holds your reservation spot for 30 days and if you decide to enroll after that, it's on an available space basis. Given that there are other upcoming students that start at IE in Jan and Feb, according to the scholarship rep, my scholarship application STILL won't be reviewed until at least January. In speaking with a financial aid rep (notice italicization to make distinction), she recommended applying for financial aid sooner rather than later. First thing Monday, I'll have to track down the student office in Spain, to see what advice they have with this situation.

Enrollment contract submission is of the essence for the Visa. I'll have to apply for my student visa by mid-January since the Spain Embassy in NYC takes at least 6 weeks to process. Target date to Madrid is early March and I need to officially enroll at IE and provide enrollment proof for the Visa application.

*The enrollment contract includes the deposit of the program as well as the schedule to pay the balance of tuition.



No comments:

Post a Comment