Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Exchange Rate Robbers

It's official! I'm enrolled as an International MBA student. I just submitted my enrollment contract and deposit for IE Business School. The deposit was actually a BIG deal. Shopping around for exchange rates from my banks from US dollars to Euros was not fun. Citibank and Chase had an exchange rate of $1.38-$1.44: 1 euro. On top of that, they charged a $15-$30 transaction fee. I'm sure there's a charge on nursing my first born in there somewhere.

So, thanks to some helpful friends at work, the best solution and rate was actually Western Union through its online Business Solutions. Yes, this bodega-facade establishment has helped me wire money in an instant to family in the Phillipines, but now has alleviated my transaction woes with a reasonable rate of $1.33: 1 euro with no fee. "You save $300-$500." Cha-ching! Why didn't I think of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment