Friday, December 17, 2010

Entertainment Marketing Maven Remembered


This Friday, Dec. 17th is a special day. A true mentor, confidante, and friend was laid to rest. I had an insightful experience working with Karen Sortito, as my direct boss, over the past year and have had the pleasure of knowing her for three. She fought brain cancer with as much gusto and balls as a 10,000 troop army. Her charisma and boldness has always inspired me and I hope I can emulate even half as much energy as her in my lifetime. I've been so fortunate to have had the chance to work closely with someone who's had such an influence in the field of entertainment marketing and partnerships.

Here's the beautiful obituary that was written about her spirited life and accomplished career:


Photo above: Our team spending time at the San Gennaro Festival in Little Italy with Karen (2nd to right). Summer 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment