Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Scholarships and Applications are DONE!


Upon receiving my acceptance letter from IE Business School, the application process did not stop there. Even more so important than getting into school, is financing school. After I went over the numbers with my husband, I literally couldn't sleep well that night and just had euros and dollar signs embedded in my little head. But alas, you spend all this time thinking about your aspirations and hwo to achieve them. With that comes a huge investment and compromise, so you just have to make sure that the ROI is worth it. Which I am.



Once I was accepted by IE, I started my scholarship application and the committee meets every 3-4 weeks, so I had just less than 2 weeks to submit 4 applications. For someone who's not used to writing, and is distracted by excitement over even getting into IE and moving to Madrid, mustering up the time and brain power was a challenge...but, it was a good exercise for the intensive journey ahead!

At IE you're allowed to apply to three scholarships and one fellowship. However, you're only able to get awarded one. There's a list of scholarships that are offered, including a good amount for women professionals (which I milked all the double standards of being a women and minority). They have a financial aid blog and financial aid website.


I'm excited to attend my first IE event this evening at Banco Santander here in NYC. This is no admissions test, but a Masterclass event on entrepreneurial vision vs. organizational efficiency. It will be an opportunity to meet some future classmates and alums as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment